About Time: 28

by - June 19, 2020

Flying Witch – 01 – 01 – Clouded Anime

"Time is ticking," said someone; and if you don't know what it means, it actually tells you to pay attention. Because life is exactly like a train ride. We sit in one corner randomly staring at how seasons changing through windows, and surprise, "did you just realize missing specific moments or any terminals when the train suddenly stops?" No, it never suddenly stops. It's us not realizing how time flies so fast. And this feeling gets you exactly when you get 28, as I just did.

But one thing to remind you first. This opening is not about telling you, I'm in a position not paying attention to moments during my 28 years of breathing the air. Well, maybe. But to be exact, it's about how 28 gives me such goosebumps, making me realize time surely slowly-yet-quickly walked me through the path. And looking back to those past moments of my journey, how come I just realized they became more beautiful than how I saw and felt in those exact moments?

It reminds me of a movie called About Time.

Have you watched it? Overall, it's about a guy named Tim, who is genetically able to travel through time. One time, his dad gives valuable advice to randomly travel back to any day in the past and do the same routine but with a different attitude, which is simply to enjoy any small things, like seriously just try to do it.

In curiosity, Tim travels back to one random day in the past and redoes the same routine as a lawyer: a day with waking up early, getting on a packed train, attending a seriously boring meeting, and going home lately simply to jump onto a bed, wake up and do the same things. Ugh! I know, routine, right?!

But in that movie, Tim "investigates" the comparison by doing the advice he's never done: try feeling the air, enjoying street-live music on a train, having a lil fun in the meeting, and hugging his wife when he comes back. The question, how about tomorrow? Well, I'm telling you, a routine might be the same, but the sky will always be different. That's my most favorite conclusion.

So now, here I am: me being 28.

I realized I should have done what Tim does in the movie. I mean, I confidently enjoyed some parts before getting 28 this day. But there must be some moments in the past I had been missing. Well, I'm a human being. As you do, I complain, I feel sad, I am down on specific situations, I easily get bored and these are parts of me being a normal human being. So, I am confident to admit I experienced those things. But at the same time, I realized I possibly missed some things. Maybe they were beautiful, valuable, or simple but too sad to miss just like that. I never know. That's the fact when someone missed some things, as I did.

What should I do? I'm not overthinking it. I simply comforted myself in these deep-reflecting thoughts of mine: it's okay.

"Learning is about paying attention to what you previously haven't. Second chances are eternal. So, I can always try now and tomorrows, make some lil efforts to try seeing how beautiful other missing parts in my own current and future scenes." 

So, dear myself in every 1 second later.

Remember to find something positive in everything including people. Be grateful and be proud of what you are doing. Above all, be happy for who you are, and where you are. Look at! The sky can be so beautiful, so enjoy it through your room window. People can be loud, but you may find at least one person who is calmly loud. The work is getting more hectic, but you can enjoy learning things to be who you truly wanna be.

In short, life can be messy but moments can be quite soft to enjoy. As RM said, "If you change your perspective a little bit, I know many people are going through tough times right now, but this moment could be the most beautiful moment of our lives." 

You May Also Like

0 comments