#CHALLENGEACCEPTED

by - July 31, 2020


Just like the pictures of mine above, you must see a lot of similar black-and-white photos of women on your Instagram feed. Is it some kind of a new trend? That's what I first thought because I don't really like jumping into trends especially with social issues. I know, it's good to spread positive vibes through online movements. But I question myself if I'm good enough to speak up such as,

Have I been the issue?

This one question got me thinking about myself and reflecting on both personality and how I became a woman. And during the process that's still going on, I'd like to share my thoughts:

I was raised in a family full of many women. From sisters to nieces, and I surely can convince you how close I am with my mom that my close friends often made little jokes on it. But one thing they don't know, I actually have a second mom who is my mom's youngest sister and her other sisters. Probably, that is one of the reasons why my close friends are majorly girls as if I am genetically friendly with girls. So, I know exactly that women commonly have dramas and much sensitivity.

I mean, you surely have heard this saying, right? Female friendship is often much complicated. That's kinda true. Women are complicated because they use their brains but above all, emotions. But did you notice that being emotional or sensitive in feelings is actually our main point as women? Because we (eventually) notice something that men may not really notice.

It's feelings.

For that, specifically on this #challengeaccepted, I absolutely concern this matter as a woman and my wish is very simple. I really hope women can act, decide, and say things after considering others' feelings. Not to be a people pleaser but to make sure we will not intentionally hurt and offense others as well as ourselves. Instead, be more appreciative of others and especially ourselves.

Because to be honest, I cannot imagine and understand how women can possibly give hard times to other women, like why should we do that among our own community? And why should we also give that same kind of hard times to ourselves as both women and human beings?

These words definitely note to me. Cause obviously, as everyone else has, I have also done many mistakes. A lot. Both consciously and unconsciously. As a victim and also a doer.

For that, I'm not sure if I've been a good woman so far. But one thing I can be so sure about: I am trying and then, as usual, I somehow fall. These issues of mine make me fall and this sounds like excuses from an elementary school girl, don't you agree? But you must agree with me that everyone, including you and me, has their own issues.

We are the issues so, we need to fix ourselves together.

If we stop trying to fix ourselves as both women and human beings, I have only one question: aren't we guilty and heartbreaking enough for those women on the other side of this world? The Turkish women who got unfairly murdered and those women who cannot even attend school as they are forced to marry at very young ages because of traditions. They got no chance to dream and that's cruel.

Besides, in most cities like where I am, we also have other issues that could possibly stop women from dreaming: physical judgment, unfair blame on women, competition, bad words, bullying, sexual harassment, gossips, name-calling and many cruel things.

So I guess, reflecting the challenge and writing my thoughts on the issue got me slapped on my face to once again, try to think about some little happiness so I can be happy with myself and sincerely act happy with others in my own community. It's a real job of mine as I'm anxious about everything. Totally anxious. But don't you think that women are okay not to be okay? 

What is not okay, if we see other women as competitors and see them low for being who they are. This also applies if we see ourselves low. So, as I'm speaking to myself, why don't we try seeing ourselves as the rivals so we could try to be happier, mentally better, more improved in things and healthier every each tomorrow?

We're in this fight together.

Let's try and fall and stand up again to try. It's okay to keep being in the cycle instead of giving up when you fall. This cycle could be one of the best things to be in, for ourselves and other women especially those in Turkey and on the other side of this world.

I believe if we do this, keeping ourselves in the cycle, we could eventually make a little chance: act, decide, and say things by considering others' feelings and of course, ours. As a result, our community of women will surely be supportive and respectful one another. So one falls, others help.

That's all from me. I accepted this challenge from my dear friend, Nadine Aquila (@nadaquila) and I kinda feel much expressive by doing here. I really hope these self-notes could at least be positive for everyone who is reading right now. Cheers!

You May Also Like

0 comments