LIFE INSIDE THE TRAIN

by - February 24, 2016


Life runs too fast as if we were riding a train. Like before, we were enjoying a view of great scenery God created through the window, but then it was suddenly gone. We didn't know where we were and the point was that we were bored waiting for the arrival, doing the same thing in a same place. The thing about waiting is it takes up so much effort - beyond our conciseness - that involves our time, energy, and most importantly, emotion. And that's what most people, including me, often experience, isn't it? Yes. Everyday we wake up and do our routines we did yesterday and the feeling of waiting for the arrival to our goal makes our heart frustrated. Like "I'm sick of being stuck in this place" or "I'm bored." That's why, in the end, we question God and even ourselves "What is it all about? Why should I be in this train? Should I just leave or give up at the next stop?"

I also experienced that before, of course. And looking back to that moment, I feel like why did I only focus on the arrival when I knew exactly it was surely going to happen? I mean, just imagine it. We are already in the train. The train was moving and we had the ticket already. There was even no ridiculous sign we were being kidnapped with the others around us. The situation was absolutely normal. So, once again, why do we focus on the arrival while there are things around us we can better focus on? I mean, we are supposed to be happy or enjoying the moment not only when we arrive, right, but in every second of our life including when we are still in the train. But the question is, always, how?

Well, after looking back to that moment, I mentioned about the others around us, right? So, now, seriously, through this imagination, if only you and I really look to the other side of the train.. even though the scenery has been passed, there are people who are together with us in the same train we are in. Some may feel the same like us. Some may not. But the point is, we can have moments with these people. And having moments with people will change our feelings and so will theirs. Plus, didn't you notice, the train passed different train stops for so many times to get new people come in and let some get out? And that's when we miss opportunity to have moments and those feelings we are looking for.Thank God, at the same time, it also gives us multiplied opportunities to get back those moments and beautiful feelings we ignored. So, IF we keep ignoring it, simply because we only focus on our own individual goal, that's when we officially isolate ourselves publicly, keeping our time, energy, and emotion stuck in those feelings we hate.

And this reminds me to what I said to one of my friends, that "What I love about life is, when I meet you or the others, anyone, even when I simply seeing things like scenery, I feel like I have my moment with God."

Yes, God is the machinist of our train. He leads us to the greatest place we would absolutely love to live in peacefully. And yes, no other place can beat how beautiful it is. But, while leading us, He purposely lets people come into our life. He purposely lets the train pass many views of beautiful scenery. Simply because He knows what we need. It's having the best moment with Him, enjoying the train. Cause, what is the point of being in that beautiful place if you never enjoy the journey? I mean, if you don't, don't you agree that, in the end, those negative feelings must strongly be over our heart and body already? So, the question is, do you think we're gonna still enjoy the arrival or the place? Even though, you think "Yes I guess we'll still", I bet the feeling will absolutely not be as greatest as if only we enjoy the train.


So, dear, leave your phone. Leave your gadgets. Haha. Just kidding. I mean, most importantly, leave your worry about the goal, that arrival. Cause you will surely be there as God knows exactly to where He leads you. But now, you are still in the train. Look at around you! You know exactly that the train still runs too fast no matter how long it feels, right? And without noticing, soon or later, you will miss the life in the train that's actually supposedly to be great. So, #makeitgreat!



You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. This simply a story that refer to this well-known quote "It's about the Journey not the Destination" but since when we heard things over & over again in the same way, we can become so familiar with it that the text loses its impact so, as I read this I really enjoyed the way it brought me to the whole new level of understanding that it is the journey that matters at the end. This also portray how tender and very thoughtful you are :)

    Looking forward for your next insight story
    X,
    LILSHELULLABIES

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome!

    JENNEROUTFITS.COM a blog dedicated to kendall and kylie jenner’s best outfits.

    ReplyDelete